A day doesnâ€™t go by that I donâ€™t tell Doug the things that Naomi is doing and Iâ€™ve been told, â€œYou should be blogging this.â€ Well, Iâ€™m finally doing that.
I'll start with the most recent:
- Naomi will be 17 months old on March 13.
- She has been putting on her own shoes on the right feet now for a little over a week. I think thatâ€™s pretty good.
- She has 10 teeth now, and 3 or 4 are on their way in.
- Yesterday, I went to get my hair done (the braids are back) and it took only 5 hours. For those of you who say, â€œFive hours!!! No way!â€ I have to say that, at the place I used to go to, it took up to 8 hours. So I was very thankful to get out of there in only 5 hours. Anyway, Naomi came with me again. Before we left from home and during the trip to the salon I was praying sheâ€™d do well. Sheâ€™s been teething, and the night before in church she wasnâ€™t very happy and her mouth was very sore. Anyway, Naomi was angelic the entire time I was there, really. The only time she fussed was when one of the owners of the salon tried to hold her (she didnâ€™t like that), and one other time she tripped and cried. Both times though, she cried only for a very short time, and then she was back to her playful self. Naomi was highly praised by the other hair stylist and customers for being so good for that long, and even without her nap.
- Sheâ€™s been saying the following words: â€œerit izâ€ for here it is; â€œAnkooâ€ for thank you; â€œEezâ€ for please. There are others, but theyâ€™re not coming to me right now, as Iâ€™m a bit sleep deprived. I will have to add more another time.