A day doesn’t go by that I don’t tell Doug the things that Naomi is doing and I’ve been told, “You should be blogging this.” Well, I’m finally doing that.
I'll start with the most recent:
- Naomi will be 17 months old on March 13.
- She has been putting on her own shoes on the right feet now for a little over a week. I think that’s pretty good.
- She has 10 teeth now, and 3 or 4 are on their way in.
- Yesterday, I went to get my hair done (the braids are back) and it took only 5 hours. For those of you who say, “Five hours!!! No way!” I have to say that, at the place I used to go to, it took up to 8 hours. So I was very thankful to get out of there in only 5 hours. Anyway, Naomi came with me again. Before we left from home and during the trip to the salon I was praying she’d do well. She’s been teething, and the night before in church she wasn’t very happy and her mouth was very sore. Anyway, Naomi was angelic the entire time I was there, really. The only time she fussed was when one of the owners of the salon tried to hold her (she didn’t like that), and one other time she tripped and cried. Both times though, she cried only for a very short time, and then she was back to her playful self. Naomi was highly praised by the other hair stylist and customers for being so good for that long, and even without her nap.
- She’s been saying the following words: “erit iz” for here it is; “Ankoo” for thank you; “Eez” for please. There are others, but they’re not coming to me right now, as I’m a bit sleep deprived. I will have to add more another time.