This started when Matt Camillieri described my friend Mark Sohmer as a â€œwicked smaaart super geek.â€ Frankly, I do not think Sohmer is quite deserving of that title. The debate rages on, and I am taking this public.
I started by pointing out a little secret to Matt:
Did you ever notice that just before Mark comes up with a brilliant answer to a Geekworthy problem he sneaks off somewhere to use his cell phone? Do you believe this is merely coincidental?
See this post
Mark responded with some foolishness about owning a BlackBerry, which he first capialitzed wrong, and then insisted was two words (which it isnâ€™t).
I listed a few points in my favor:
I think, despite what Mark will try to claim, that the evidence speaks for
- I operate a Star Wars Web site that has received over 1/2-million hits.
- I have the highest score on the Geek Test of anyone I have ever met.
- I know the name of the Restaurant at the End of the Universe
(Milliways), and the name of the leader of the “Disaster Area” band (Hotblack Desiato).
- My cube is furnished with a Lego Star Destroyer (as well as an X-Wing and Y-Wing). See http://stardestroyer.wilcoxfamily.net/.
- I own two binary timekeeping devices: A BCD (binary coded decimal) LED clock and a straight-binary digital watch.
- I hated Titanic (except for the few minutes where the ship sinks—that part was cool).
- I have built my own light saber.
- When house-shopping, a primary concern was having a good space to put my 1100+ volume library, about 1/3 of which is science fiction.
- When I heard on the news that Tom Clancy had bought the Vikings, I thought the reference was to the 1970s Martian spacecraft.
- I can only watch The Net as part of giving it the MST3K treatment.
I could go on …
Let the flames begin …