Okay, thatâ€™s a bit of an â€œinâ€ joke. MegaTokyo is an online comic I read. Every now and then the artist gets behind schedule or is overwhelmed with other things, and posts a sketch instead of a comic strip. Weâ€™re wiped out from moving (but things are great!), but I need to get something up on the BLOG.
How Big Is a Billion?
The next time you hear a politician use the words â€œbillionâ€ casually, think about whether you want that politician spending your tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into perspective in one of its releases:
- A billion seconds ago, it was 1959.
- A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.
- A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
- A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.
How Long Is Too Long?
People are complaining on how long the war is taking but consider this:
- It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.
- It took less time to find Saddam's sons in Iraq than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.
- It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sunk at Chappaquiddick.
- It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!!!