We had an absolutely wonderful time, meeting new people and enjoying Southern hospitality (which is not overrated). The best thing was, for the duration of the trip, my gorgeous wife, Nichelle, was treated by everyone exactly the way I have always seen her—as a star.
Nichelle and I are working on a post about the trip, and we have numerous pictures to upload. Y’all will just need to be patient.
Here’s what we took home:
- 47th NCCC apron
- 47th NCCC large collapsible cooler (which doubled as luggage for our trip back)
- 47th NCCC silver bowl, engraved with Nichelle’s name and state
- Four 47th NCCC cookbooks (we ordered more)
- Cutco cutting board
- Cutco Kitchen Classics knife set
- Cutco Super Shears
- Tables of Content, a beautiful cookbook produced by the Birmingham Junior League
- Red Diamond tea bags
- Red Diamond coffee
- $50 check for spending money
- Several coffee mugs (Hey, kids, look what we brought you!—NaNi can’t wait to bring hers to my office for coffee.)
- Numerous packages of flavored pecans (those didn’t last very long)
- Moore’s Marinade sauces—original and buffalo wing
- Canned pear halves, from the Pacific Northwest
- 47th NCCC recipe poster
- Red sash with our lovely state’s name (Come on, you know this is cool.)
I just noticed that Nichelle’s recipe has been published at the Chicken Cooking Contest site.